Welcome!!!!

Welcome to the Craft Cottage!!
In this cottage, you can find and learn many types of artwork.
For example, paper craft or origami, knitting, crocheting, tatting an many more.

"You make it real....."
It is represent to all guest of Craft Cottage and me. It has almost same effect as "You can do it!". But for me "You make it real..." bring the meaning of Dream Come True, it give me more courage and patience to achieve goal. Which means it is more effective to me, because I'm always making stuff....

Labels

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Introduction to Tatting


Click the image above for full view.....
Here's the URL of the image above. [link]

Did anyone have heard of tatting before?
I'm only knew the existence of tatting at about............. May 2009.
Yup, it is this year, the year of 2009!

The flower-like things in the image above are made by the technique of tatting.
Commonly, there 2 type of tatting,
a) needle tatting, using tatting needle, a long, blunt needle that does not change thickness at the eye of the needle
b) shuttle tatting, using tatting shuttle, a shuttle with a hook at one end.

Actually tatting is one of the technique for making some of lace which is made by a series of knots and loops....
For information feel free to see more detail information of tatting at Wikipedia.

There are many knowledge with tatting.
I've find many information about the tutorial of needle tatting
and shuttle tatting, and I'm only could figured out its concept. And I made the tatting by using hands with a little help of a normal needle and a crochet hook, because I did not have neither the tatting shutter and the tatting needle.

I'll try make some post about the technique of tatting. For both needle tatting and shuttle tatting. Maybe give some link to those website which have more information about tatting.

If possible, I'll make tutorial about tatting. In my way.....

*Though my ways for tatting maybe more easier for those who did not have the the shuttle and the tatting needle, but my way may harm your hands if make it using too much strength. So be sure becareful if you want to make tatting in my ways.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! It's always fun to see another person blogging about tatting! Have I heard of tatting, you ask??? Well, let's see...I think I have! :)

I've been shuttle tatting for 29 years and I have a tatting blog. You are welcome to come and visit. I have lot's of tatting links and many tatting blogger friends so please come on over and join the online tatting family!

(Oh, incidentally, not all tatting shuttles have hooks on the end.) There are 2 basic kinds of tatting shuttles. Bobbin shuttles and post shuttles. Come on over and learn some more! You will be amazed at how prominent the online tatting community is. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Snowny! I came back over because I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!